Updated: Aug 13, 2021
Just like the rainbow, the more colorful the better. Colors not only please our eyes, they also have a a number of significant benefits on our bodies when eaten. So to get all the nutrients you need, choose a rainbow of colorful foods.
The pigments that give foods their color, known as phytonutrients, can help reduce your risk of cancer and chronic diseases like heart disease. Fruits and vegetables provide all the colours and nutrients you may need, plus they are fiber- filled, low-calorie, fat-free, superfoods! They help control and reduce free radicals*.
I used superfood powders Freeze Dried Pink Pitaya and Organic Green Ceremonial Matcha from Hybrid Herbs to achieve my rainbow colours. I love this brand because they do not use any additives or artificial sweeteners, and their products are 100% pure, natural & vegan!
*Free Radical: are unstable molecules in the body that damage cells and are known cause of many diseases.
Makes: 2 bowls
Preparation time: 10 min
2 frozen banana
1/2 cup mango (fresh or frozen)
3 tsp Pink Pitaya Powder
2 cubes of ice
1 tbsp of almond butter
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk yogurt
3 tsp Green Ceremonial Matcha
raspberries and blueberries
TIP OF THE DAY:
Always keep some bananas in the freezer,
being a vegan it's definitely a must!
LET's DO THIS
1. Place the top 6 ingredients into a blended with a splash of almond milk (you can keep adding milk depending on your thickness preference) and blend until completely combined and smooth.
2. Mix a half of the almond milk yogurt with the Green Matcha, whisk well to combine and set aside for a moment, for the powdered matcha to dissolve. Then whisk again, gaining a nice smooth green consistency.
3. Fill your favourite bowls with the pink smoothie mixture, swirl over the Green Matcha mixture and the plain vanilla almond yogurt. You can use a fork to create rainbow like patterns - have fun & get creative!
4. Once you're satisfied with your rainbow art work, top your bowls whatever you fancy today. For my mango and kiwi is used small cookie cutters to make it look cute! (You can get those of Amazon). ENJOY the rainbow ride!
GREEN MATCHA POWDER
Matcha can contain up to 120 times more antioxidants than green tea. Matcha is packed with antioxidants, it boosts metabolism, burns calories, detoxifies the body. It can also calm the mind, enhance mood and concentration.
PINK PITAYA POWDER
The fruit's high fibre and antioxidants keeping your skin, nails and hair strong & shiny. It is also beneficial for your digestive system and packed with magnesium, zinc, and potassium.
Almonds can prevent heart diseases, prevents diabetes, improve digestions, reduce bad cholesterol & aid in weight loss.
- Element - earth + water
- Energy - cold + moist
✓ recommended for Vata types
✗ aggravates Kapha dosha types
DISCOVER YOUR DOSHA
We are each a mix & a match of unique energies, called Doshas according to Ayurveda.
In this quiz, Veronika breaks down the percentage of each Dosha within you, to give you a deeper understanding of your true nature and showing you how to take the best care of yourself to achieve overall wellbeing and contentment.
• Swadhistana | Sacral Chakra
FOODS: Omega 3 rich foods such as nuts and seeds, coconut and orange fruits (carrots, mangos, papaya, pumpkin, sweet potato).
I am alive, connected and aware
I embrace pleasure and welcome abundance
I am sensual and creative being
My sexuality is sacred
I would LOVE to hear from YOU!
Leave a comment on your favourite recipe, share and spread the love & healthiness!