I've been making banana bread for years, I have tried many different recipes and somehow they never worked for me. Either the bread didn't rise or it was too dry... too soggy.
And so I am beyond excited to share with you the PERFECT recipe for the most delicious vegan moist and scrumptious banana bread! It's SUPER easy to make and the taste of if will make every second of baking it worth it! You'll see!
Makes 8 - 10 slices
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 45min - 1 hour
4 mashed bananas + 1/2 to decorate the top
2/3 coconut oil
5 tbsp coconut sugar (add little more if you have a sweet tooth!)
1/3 plant milk
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 cups of all-purpose flour (enriched & unbleached)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
+ optional ADD-ON: walnuts (macadamia nuts/ or pumpkin + sunflower seeds) and vegan chocolate chips
* for KIDS FRIENDLY version: skip coconut sugar or add Monk fruit 'sugar'. You can also skip the chocolate chips and nuts, and instead add some ground walnuts into the dough but make sure to put in less flour then. It's just as delicious!
LET's DO THIS:
1. In a large bowl mash and whisk together all the WET INGREDIENTS.
2. Slowly start adding the DRY INGREDIENTS into the large bowl, starting with flour. Carefully combine until a dough is formed.
3. Add nuts, seeds and/or chocolate chips - or anything you wish in that matter to make your banana bread yours.
4. Place a baking paper into your prepared tin (I used rectangle baking tin). Place int he oven (decorate with banana sliced lengthwise on top) and bake for 45 min to 1 hour. DO NOT open the oven the first 30 min to have the heat rise your bread, so it doesn't deflate.
5. Once you smell the deliciousness, check your banana bread for readiness and ENJOY!!!!
- Element - earth + water
- Energy - cold + moist
✓ pacifies Vata & Pitta dosha types
✗ aggravates Kapha dosha types
DISCOVER YOUR DOSHA
We are each a mix & a mach of unique energies, called Doshas according to Ayurveda.
In this quiz, Veronika breaks down the percentage of each Dosha within you, to give you a deeper understanding of your true nature and showing you how to take the best care of yourself to achieve overall wellbeing and contentment.
• Manipura | Solar Plexus Chakra
FOODS: And it was all yellow = yellow peppers, corn, yellow lentils, yellow curry, but also bananas, whole grains (oats).
I am confident in all that I do
I respect myself and I deserve a wonderful life
I chose health, healing and happiness
I act with courage and strength
I would LOVE to hear from YOU!
Leave a comment on your favourite recipe, share and spread the love & healthiness!