Updated: Aug 18, 2021
Welcome to Over the Rainbow Yoga, signature outdoor yoga in Waikiki. With us, you get to connect to mama earth ~ our ʻāina, deepen your body and mind awareness, and meet like-minded yoga lovers in the Honolulu area.
We offer a wide range of outdoor yoga at Kapiolani Park and Leahi Beach Park on O'ahu Island at affordable rates. We believe that yoga should be accessible to anyone and everyone. Whether you are a traveler, visitor or a local, reserve your spot today!
SUNSET BEACH YOGA IN WAIKIKI, HAWAII
Our classes bring your yoga practice to an outdoor space, where you can access the benefits of yoga in a safe environment. Enjoy our sunset beach classes for students of all levels, from beginners to advanced practitioners (depending on a class style).
Make sure to bring water, comfortable clothing, mat or feel free to bring a small or large towel.
OUR WEEKLY THEMES
We decided to give all our yoga classes, along our different locations, class styles, and various teachers, a little signature mark. Each week is inspired by a different element.
WEEK 1. ~ Water Element 🜄
WEEK 2 ~ Earth Element 🜃
WEEK 3. ~ Air Element 🜁
WEEK 4. ~ Fire Element 🜂
OUR CLASS LOCATIONS
LOCATION 1: Kapiolani Park
2745 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
Parking Options: Park close to Waikiki Aquarium, walk towards the ocean on the grass area, facing the ocean - we are located on the right-hand side.
LOCATION 2: LEAHI BEACH PARK
3187 Diamond Head Road, Honolulu HI 96815
Parking Options: Park at the Diamond Head lookout and walk down to Leahi Park or park along Paki Avenue and walk up.
YOGA AT THE BEACH - CLASS STYLES
• HATHA/ YOGA NIDRA: This class is inspired by Traditional Himalayan Teachings. This classic Hatha Yoga class includes pranayama (breath work), bandhas (body locks), asanas (holding and flowing through postures), mantras (sacred sounds), yoga nidra (guided relaxation) and meditation. Expect to burn energy, tone the body, focus the mind, relax the nervous system and find blissful balance. All levels welcome!
LOCATION: Kapiolani Beach Park
SCHEDULE: Tuesdays 6PM
LEVEL: All levels
• MINDFUL FLOW: This yoga flow class welcomes you to connect to your body through mindful movement. Our creative fluid sequences will include challenging postures as well as grounding ones. This warming practice focused on awareness, and body - mind connection is great for purification and strength development. The class is designed to simply have you 'feeling good'.
Leahi Beach Park: Mondays 6.30PM
Kapiolani Beach Park: Wednesdays 6PM
• FLOW & RESTORE YOGA: This gentle flow class will mix elements of vinyasa and yin yoga. Appropriate for yogis of all levels, these asana classes are formatted to be tender and loving on the body while also nurturing strength, flexibility, and balance.
LOCATION: Kapiolani Beach Park
SCHEDULE: Thursdays 6PM
• YOGA FOR SURFERS: Focuses on stretching and strengthening all your surfing muscles to gain more power and flow through dynamic sequences, with the combination of restorative poses to help reduce chronic aches and pains, prevent injuries and shorten recovery time. This fun yet relaxing class will leave you surfing better and longer while also feeling stronger, more focused yet calm.
LOCATION: Leahi Beach Park
SCHEDULE: every other Saturday 9AM (starting August 14th)
• YOGA CONDITIONING: Dynamic and functional Vinyasa Flow is here to help you get your fitness on, condition the whole body movement, incorporating strength, stability and mobility through creative and challenging flows. Focus is placed on core strength, leg strength and upper body strength.
LOCATION: Ala Moana Beach Park
SCHEDULE: every first Saturdays 9AM (starting August 7th)
LEVEL: Intermediate - Advance
OVER THE RAINBOW YOGA TEACHERS
Veronika: Aloha, My name is Veronika, I am a yoga and surf instructor, nutritionist but also a writer/ blogger. I have been practicing yoga for almost 10 years and teaching yoga for over 4 years. I feel truly blessed to be able to share the teaching of yoga, and I am in a constant progress of finding ways to make mindfulness and healthy an easy step forward. I hope to inspire people to experience the limitless potential of their bodies and minds through the practice of yoga and mindfulness. I thrive to bring my unique energy, and fun inspiring personality to every class I teach.
Heidi: is a native of Arizona and a practicing psychologist. She is a 200RYT and Yoga Alliance member and is currently working on her 500-hour certification. Her love of yoga began with her desire to include bodywork in her psychology practice as a trauma therapist. She strongly believes in the power of the mind-body connection and uses yoga philosophy in her own emotional health regimen. Heidi enjoys incorporating mental health topics into yoga practice by including elements of mindfulness, self-compassion, emotion regulation, self-love, and self-acceptance into her classes. She is the author of the highly rated book, The Path to Self-Love and World Domination.
Katie: I'm Katie - I've lived in Hawaii (Kauai & Oahu) for over 15 years. I'm originally from Maine. I'm a clinician & chef by trade. My souls' mission is the fusion of the therapeutic process and honing intuitive prowess into what I've grown to call Therapeutic Eating. Yoga has a very special place in my heart because it created a foundation for me to prosper and fortify my personal lens. This foundation is one of firm discernment, constant compassion and ongoing re-doubling of effort. Join me for classes that will challenge your body & mind, move you out of stagnation and beg for a shift in conditioning.
Paula: Hi, I am an artist, surfer and yoga practitioner. I choose to express myself through art, sounds and yoga. At an early age, I yearned for the deep meaning of life through spiritual books, traveling. Experiences with the raw power of the ocean and nature led me to the path of yoga. I am studying the various traditions of yoga; Bhakti Yoga, Classical Hatha Yoga and Tantra. My devotion to the practice inspires me to teach, create a healing space for each individual where they can connect with their Higher Self by providing them tools such as Meditation, Yoga & Yoga Nidra. I wish to share the ancient teachings into the modern world.