Homemade Apple Quinoa Crunch Granola Bars (VG + GF)
Updated: Aug 13, 2021
It is heart breaking that every single tinny snack bar is packed in a single used plastic. If you care about the environment, and no longer want to contribute to polluting the planet it's time to set yourself onto a journey to healthy homemade granola bars!
The main ingredients are oats, which are an amazing gluten-free whole grain providing some important vitamins, minerals, fiber and antioxidants. They are also a great source of slow releasing energy!
Makes 12 snack bars
Preparation time: 15 min
Baking time: 30-40 min
Total: approximately 1h
1 3/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 tbs peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean
1/4 cup apple sauce or pureed apples
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup almond flakes
1/2 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
1/4 cup toasted uncooked quinoa
pinch of sea salt
LET's DO THIS:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 F / 250 degrees celsius. Line up your tray with baking paper.
2. In a large pot (or microwave), heat up the coconut oil, coconut syrup and peanut butter until the mixture melts. Make sure to stir it well so the ingredients combine. Once mixture thickens slightly, add the vanilla, apple sauce and salt. Mix well
3. In the mean time, place the quinoa on a non-sticking frying pan and toast until brown and crunchy.
4. Add the oats, almond nuts, toasted quinoa and shredded coconut.
5. Once well combined, transfer the granola mixture into the prepared baking tray. Use a spatula to press the mixture firmly to flatten it down. 6. Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.
6. Remove the tray from the oven and allow it to cool completely before cutting the bake into bars. Make sure to use a sharp knife to create even rectangle bars. Enjoy!
You can store the bars in the fridge or freeze for later.
Are an incredible grain! They are loaded with dietary fiber (containing more than many other grains) and have a range of healthy cholesterol-lowering properties. They also lower blood pressure, improve health function, help reduce hunger and increase feelings of fullness, and can reduce constipation.
Getting enough fibre in the morning will not only keep you regular (YAY!), but it will also slow down your digestion so you’ll feel fuller longer (double YAY)
- Element - earth + water
- Energy - cold + moist
✓ recommended for Pitta types
○ OK for Vata types
✗ aggravates Kapha dosha types
DISCOVER YOUR DOSHA
We are each a mix & a match of unique energies, called Doshas according to Ayurveda.
In this quiz, Veronika breaks down the percentage of each Dosha within you, to give you a deeper understanding of your true nature and showing you how to take the best care of yourself to achieve overall wellbeing and contentment.
WHICH DOSHA AM I?
#Vegan #granolabars #oats #quinoa #sustainable #Ayurveda #healingfoods
I would LOVE to hear from YOU!
Leave a comment on your favourite recipe, share and spread the love & healthiness!
Did you try the recipe?
Tag @veronikablanar on Instagram and hashtag the photo #veroliciousme